Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dalitiwan River 2015: Post-Summer Nature Tripping

The cold torrents from a spring matched with some shade from tall, green trees and thrill-inviting boulders are just as good a combination as being on a beach with salt water on the sun-kissed skin.

Located in Brgy. Banga, Majayjay, Laguna, Dalitiwan Resort is a hidden wonder that is a product of Dalitiwan River which springs from the lovely Mt. Banahaw to make swimming and nature tripping within the area more comfortable and enjoyable. The river has been commercialized, so that aside from its stream of cold freshwater running endlessly, there are also cottages, rooms and pools to better cater to the wants of vacationers.
Majority of the place consists of lush greens sprouting just about anywhere, huge rocks playing along the running water, quite strong torrents of nature-colored freshwater, ambient sounds one only get to hear when in a forest, AND PEOPLE. I mean, it was a weekend when we went there, so, obviously, it was packed full. But though this was the case, the aforementioned elements managed to override the distractions and still got us all feeling adventurous.
We all chose to explore the less populated, far end of the resort where we braved our way through people, rocks and surges to get to what seemed like mini-waterfalls. There were even mudpack-like things that others enjoyed applying on themselves. Reaching the falls, we were all happy experiencing the falls cascade on our heads and backs. It was definitely worth all the nerves and bruises.
I am just so stoked to have spent a good day out with my high school friends again simply because I can’t even remember the last time we did something like this. It may have been a quick getaway, but it was a getaway – with them – nonetheless, and it was definitely chock full of good fun and happy memories.
What made it even more memorable was the fact that this was the second trip Justine and I managed to make happen successfully. For us, hearing the laughter of our friends while also laughing with them is the true measure of the perfect adventure and the reward itself. Such happiness is also what excites me to organize our next get-together right away. Kudos to us!  
At the end of the day, there’s always a thing or two to ponder on somewhere in between trips like this. As for this one, it’s more of a comparison. While the beach showed me how far-reaching and wide the world is, how there still is so much out there, Dalitiwan, on the other hand, reminded me that the world is also just one touch away from my hands, that it’s actually too close to me that I step on it, feel it, and live it every day. This place made me realize just how close I am to nature and how refreshing it actually feels.
This is the best way I know how to say goodbye to summer for now since, judging by the scattered rain showers every so often lately, the wet season has already begun. But then again, summer is a state of mind, I’ll carry it with me wherever I go.

Entrance Fee:
P80.00 (Day tour)
P150.00 (Overnight stay)
Cottage Rate:
P500.00
Room Rates:
P2,400.00 to P3,500.00
Target Budget per Person:
P500.00 to P600.00

For more information: Dalitiwan Resort Facebook Page


Photos by Froiland Pajutan and yours truly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts