Tuesday, June 9, 2015

This Just In: New Binge x New Splurge x New Pursuit

Lately, life has been pretty uneventful, in so far as eventful means going out to have a good time. But in a different context where staying at home can be considered just as exciting, I have been up to quite a few little things.

Kindly allow me to blabber and blabber.







IN TV SERIES

So I finally had the audacity to start with the much-raved-about Game of Thrones after months of delaying it due to fear of it being too good, too serious, too slang I wouldn’t be able to understand one bit of it.

Initial reaction after the first episode was, “Maybe my mind can digest this.” Three episodes in and I was all, “There’s too much blood and flesh, I’m loving it!”

There’s no knowing for sure who dies and who wins – so much anticipation going on. Seriously, it feels like anyone can just die in one blink. One of those who I thought was among the central characters was suddenly flat dead and headless on the ground at the turn of an episode. Why and how do you do that, GOT people?

Aside from the twists that I could almost not take – there’s too much cliffhanger than my life can handle! – it also takes me to the medieval times when honor, loyalty, family, and wealth clash. And there are dragons for Chrissakes. How’s that for some extra thrill.

If I may just please say this, Khaleesi is so damned blessed with all the beauty it’s almost unfair. That face, darn it.

And the Imp, oh like him a lot!

Moving on from GOT (because I have already watched everything I got and have yet to find a copy of the rest of the seasons somewhere), I am currently burning my ass off sitting and binge-watching The Big Bang Theory Season 7, and there’s just no stopping now. I missed the gang, and we have a lot of catching up to do. There’s nothing like TBBT to cap off every night with a sense of humor that I sometimes get and sometimes don’t, gives me a hearty laugh nonetheless. 

Lastly, New Girl Season 3.

IN BOOKS

Well, well, here's another BDSM for me. I just recently opened the second book in the Crossfire TrilogyReflected In You. There isn’t much to say yet because I have just begun reading it, barely on the 55th of 500-something pages. I have no deep expectations whatsoever with the book as I only wish to enjoy it. You know, just something I can squeeze in between other mundane doings.

As I turn to page 56, I’ll say more after I finish reading. 

IN THINGS

Hello, consumerism!

I’m sorry I’m not sorry that I gave into another mundane want in life despite the apparent lack of money.

I got myself a new pair of Vans sneakers with gum sole, just the thing I’ve been wanting to have ever since gum soles became a trend. Sneakers are my go-to shoes, my classic pangharabas. They are very laid back I can wear them anywhere I want to go. You know what they say, you are what you wear. Well, in my case, I am my sneakers.

Here’s the catch, I got the pair at the kids’ section of the dept. store, boys’ to be exact. I had been complaining before because the girls’ section always only offer very few and super duper girly designs which hardly appeal to me. All along I was looking at the wrong place. And get this, since it was kids’ stuff, the price was expectedly cheaper. I’m a winner.

IN PURSUITS

At the age of 20+, I can count with fingers in my two hands the things I know how to cook – that sadly includes hotdog and meat loaf.

Just a few weeks back, I had an epiphany – I can’t stay this way forever. Hence, I vowed to learn real cooking (as somewhat inspired and influenced by outside elements).

To put said promise into action, I played with some potatoes. And voila, I made something! I don’t know what it’s called; I just fried it with some melted cheese. Not to brag, but it actually tasted good. I know potatoes aren’t much, but one potato step is better than no potato at all. 

I have been checking online for easy-to-learn-yet-still-tasty recipe treats for future references. After browsing for so long, I have zeroed in on which particular recipes I want to learn. Then I've come up with another realization, that many of them involve baking of some sort. And that in order to learn the said recipes, the only logical and major step to take to make all these things possible would be to get an O-V-E-N.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts