Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lending A Hand


When something bad happens, you put yourself out there and do what you can to help others. No ifs, no buts.

That’s how Filipinos do it. That’s how we do it.

Like acting on reflex, my college friends and I felt the urge to help, in any way we could, the instant we found out about the horrible conditions of our fellow Filipinos who were badly hit by Typhoon Maring and the monsoon.

Last Saturday, we met at LPL to gather and give the donations from our batch. There wasn’t much, but I guess there was enough to at least lessen the victims’ suffering for a moment.
It was good timing because our school had its relief operation in Calamba just this Wednesday.
Which I was unfortunately not able to participate in, by the way.
I believe that our help, no matter how little, will go a long way.

There was something that felt so good about what we did. It gave me a different kind of fulfillment – a sense of purpose, a much needed motivation given my life right now. J

I hope the victims would recuperate in the soonest possible time. I also hope more people would go out of their way to lend a hand, and I wish they wouldn’t get tired of it. Above all, I pray that nothing like this would ever happen again.

A little sidebar:

Since my best buds and I were already together last Sat., we decided to have a little bonding of our own on the side.
Kreng and Jusz!

We indulged ourselves with our "all time favorite, no fail" isaw, and it was perfect! Hahaha! Then, we killed time at Je's before heading home. :) 

*Thanks to Jerome for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts